A Birthday Party at the Huntsville Botanical Garden is easy, fun-filled, and unforgettable! You can rent an outdoor space (Basic Party) or have a hosted Celebration Party in the room looking into the Purdy Butterfly House. For more information or to make a reservation, call at 256-830-4447 Ext 253 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Prices have changed effective January 2020
When you just need a space to host your child’s party, this is the package for you!
$160 for Garden Members / $215 for Non-members
Included in this package:
- Garden admission for 30 guests; each additional child is $6, each additional adult is $10
- 2.5 hours at Celebration Station or The Storybook Garden,* outdoor venues located in the Children’s Garden (seating capacity 35). This includes 30 minutes for set-up and 30 minutes for clean-up, with 1.5 hours of party time.
- Please remember this is a host/hostess-free party, so you will be responsible for set-up and clean-up.
*No guarantee of an indoor location should inclement weather arise.
*The Anderson Education Classroom can be booked from November – February depending on availability.
$260 for Garden Members / $315 for Non-members
Included in this package:
- Garden admission for 30 people; each additional child is $8, each additional adult is $10
- 2.5 hours use of private party room, located in the Anderson Education Center Classroom (Seating capacity 50). This includes 30 minutes for set-up and 30 minutes for clean-up, with 1.5 hours of party time.
- Party host/hostess to assist with your party
- Paper products and tableware-solid colors only (based on current exhibit and chosen theme)
- Themed activities for birthday parties (see themed activities below)
- Partygoers enjoy a spectacular view of the Purdy Butterfly House, the nation’s largest open-aired butterfly house!
Celebration Party Themes and Activities:
Budding Botanist (year round)
The party host will provide children with the opportunity to decorate a clay pot with markers, stickers, etc. Guests will then select seeds (options may vary depending on stock) to plant and take home in their newly decorated pots.
Radical Reptiles (March-November)
Children will have the opportunity to meet our snakes and turtles housed here in the garden as well as learn interesting facts about our cold-blooded friends.
Current Exhibit Theme (Year Round)
Guests will explore the current exhibit through a guided tour or participate in a craft themed for the current exhibit. Click here to view our calendar for current and upcoming exhibits.
Butterfly Bash (May-October)
Children will be read a story detailing the lifecycle of the butterfly followed by an exploration of the Purdy Butterfly House, including a scavenger hunt for the stages of the butterfly lifecycle and other critters and plants.
Summer Splash (May-August)
Additional sprinklers will be set up in the Children’s Garden so guests can enjoy the water features while exploring the plants and other activities found in the area.
Children will have the opportunity to learn interesting facts about scarecrows as they read a story before being lead on a tour through the Scarecrow trail.
Galaxy of Lights (November Walking Nights only)
Guests will have the opportunity to enjoy the Galaxy of Lights walking nights. Please note, because the Galaxy of Lights is a fundraising event, additional costs for tickets will apply for each guest attending the party. They will receive the member’s rate and free hot chocolate and cookie.
Reservations are requested two weeks in advance.
A non-refundable deposit of $50 is due at the time of booking. The remaining payment is due prior to the day of the party. If the party is canceled, payment will be reimbursed minus the $50 non-refundable processing fee.
Please Note for all Parties:
- The $50 non-refundable fee is included in the package pricing.
- A guest list must be provided two days prior to the party.
- Garden members do not count towards the allotted 30 party guests.
- Celebration Parties are for children 3 and up. No activity will be provided for children under the age of three.
- Party guests must be supervised at all times.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Outside food and drinks are permitted, excluding alcoholic beverages.
- Most decorations are appropriate; please no confetti.
For more information or to make a reservation, call at: 256-830-4447 Ext 253 or email@example.com.