A Birthday Party at the Huntsville Botanical Garden is easy, fun-filled AND unforgettable!
You can rent an outdoor space (Basic Party) or have a hosted Celebration Party in the room looking into the Purdy Butterfly House.
When you just need a space to host your child’s party, this is the package for you!
$150 for Garden Members / $200 for Non-members
Included in this package:
- Garden admission for 30 guests; each additional child is $6, each additional adult is $10
- 2.5 hours at Celebration Station or The Storybook Garden*, outdoor venues located in the Children’s Garden (Seating capacity 35). This includes 30 minutes for set-up and 30 minutes for clean-up, with 1.5 hours of party time.
- Please remember this is a host/hostess-free party, so you will be responsible for set-up and clean-up.
*No guarantee of an indoor location should inclement weather arise.
$250 for Garden Members / $300 for Non-members
Included in this package:
- Garden admission for 30 people; each additional child is $8, each additional adult is $10
- 2.5 hours use of private party room, located in the Anderson Education Center Classroom (Seating capacity 50). This includes 30 minutes for set-up and 30 minutes for clean-up, with 1.5 hours of party time.
- Party host/hostess to assist with your party
- Paper products and tableware-solid colors only (based on current exhibit and theme chosen)
- Themed activities for birthday parties include an experience in the Garden such as a Scavenger Hunt or a guided tour of our current exhibit.
- Party goers enjoy a spectacular view of the Purdy Butterfly House, the nation’s largest open-aired butterfly house!
Celebration Party Themes and Activities:
Budding Botanist (year round)
Children will decorate a clay pot and plant a seed to take home.
Animal Encounters (March-November)
Children will get an opportunity to meet our snakes or our turtles and learn a little about them at the same time.
Gardens of Myth (June 2-October 28, 2018)
Guests will be lead on a tour through the exhibit as their activity. When age appropriate, an interactive “adventure” will be part of the tour.
Butterfly Bash (May-October)
Children will spend time in the Purdy Butterfly House doing a scavenger hunt for the stages of the butterfly lifecycle and other critters and plants.
Summer Splash (May-August)
We will set up additional sprinklers in the Children’s Garden and guests can enjoy the water features outside while exploring.
Guests will be lead on a tour through the exhibit as their activity. We will have our Gardens of Myth exhibit still on display as well.
Galaxy of Lights (November Walking Nights only)
Guests will have the opportunity to enjoy the Galaxy of Lights walking nights. Please note, because the Galaxy of Lights is a fundraising event, additional costs for tickets will apply for each guest attending the party. They will receive the member’s rate and free hot chocolate and cookie.
Reservations are requested two weeks in advance.
Non-refundable deposit of $50 is due at time of booking. Remaining payment is due prior to the day of the party. If the party is cancelled, payment will be reimbursed minus the $50 non-refundable processing fee.
Please Note for all Parties:
- A guest list must be provided two days prior to the party.
- Celebration Parties are for children 3 and up. No activity will be provided for children under the age of three.
- Party guests must be supervised at all times.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Outside food and drinks are permitted, excluding alcoholic beverages.
- Most decorations are appropriate; please no confetti.
For more information or to make a reservation, call at: 256-830-4447 Ext 253 or firstname.lastname@example.org.