Camps and Classes
There are a variety of programs for children and teenagers at the Garden, including individual and family classes, camps for children, and birthday parties.
Seeds to Sprouts
Come and enjoy exciting stories for the season, crafts, learning activities, and walks (weather permitting) in the garden with your little Sprout! Each class offers a different adventure to get your little one experiencing nature and all it has to offer.
Click on a date to register:
February 16: I Spy…Birds
March 9: Building Adventures
March 23: Sleepy Sheep
April 13: Beautiful Butterflies
Selected Fridays from 10-11am
Location – All Seeds to Sprouts sessions will be held in the Anderson Education Center Classroom
Age: 2-5 (parent and child class)
$8 for the first child, $5 for each additional sibling in the same family.
Adults free with membership or Garden admission.
Pre-registration is encouraged. You can save the time of having to stop and pay on your way in! You can register online or over the phone at 256-830-4447 Ext 253.
Remember to take advantage of our Frequent “Sprouters” Program and earn a free class for every three paid classes that you attend. Pick up your card at the next class.
Contact Misty Hertzig if you have questions at email@example.com.
Art of Sustainable Science
The 3rd Annual Art of Sustainable Science
March 3, 2018
Kindergarten to 12th Grade
All Public, Private, and Homeschool Students are welcome.
FREE…but with limited space!
Register no later than February 23, 2018
Spend a Sustainable Day at the Garden!
The Huntsville Botanical Garden is excited to bring back the Art of Sustainable Science event for its third year! It’s a perfect union between science and art! Students can create an art project or a science-fair style project that demonstrates a sustainability message. The four categories this year will be Environmental Management, Environmental Sciences, Energy and Transportation and Natural Wonders. All categories will have a prize for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place along with a Public Favorite.
Submit your project proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions! Contact Misty Hertzig at email@example.com or 256-830-4447 ext. 253.
Bunny Bonanza Member Event
Saturday March 24, 2018
10 AM -12 PM
Tickets are $5 per child
Purchase Tickets below:
Member 2 yrs. and younger – Hunt at 10:15am
Member 3 to 4 yrs. old – Hunt at 10:45am
Member 5 to 6 yrs. Old – Hunt at 11:15am
Member 7 yrs. and up – Hunt at 11:45am
Garden members, it’s that Egg-cellent time of the year with Bunny Bonanza! 10,000 eggs are stuffed with treats and scattered about the Garden. Music, games, refreshments and face painting will keep your little one busy. The Easter Bonnet Parade is always fun. Bring your cameras for a great photo with the Easter Bunny.
Please see the egg hunt schedule below and plan to arrive well in advance of the scheduled times with your Garden membership card and Bunny Bonanza ticket in hand for faster check-in.
Egg hunt schedule:
- 2 years old and younger-10:15am
- 3 to 4 year olds- 10:45am
- 5 to 6 year olds- 11:15am
- Easter Bonnet Parade (all ages) – 11:30am
- 7 years old and up- 11:45am
Registration & Cancellation:
- Participants must be pre-registered for all programs. There will be no registration the day of programs due to supply and class size limitations.
- Registration and payment for classes may be made online or by calling the Education Department at 256-830-4447 Ext 252 or 253.
- Refunds will be given as a credit to participants who do not attend their scheduled program if the garden is given a 48-hour advance notice.
- HBG reserves the right to cancel any program if a minimum number of participants are not registered. If this happens, another class option or 100% refund of registration fees will be offered.
- All classes meet in the education classrooms and will include inside and outside experiences.