Camps and Classes
There are a variety of programs for children and teenagers at the Garden, including individual and family classes, camps for children, and birthday parties.
Seeds to Sprouts
Come and enjoy exciting stories for the season, crafts, learning activities, and walks (weather permitting) in the garden with your little Sprout! Each class offers a different adventure to get your little one experiencing nature and all it has to offer.
Click on a date to register:
October 20: A Day Out with a Mummy
November 3: Fall Turned Upside Down
November 10: A Forest Thanksgiving
December 8: Winter’s Arrival
December 29: Getting Ready for New Year’s
January 12: A Sledding Adventure
January 26: Sticks and Stones
Location – All Seeds to Sprouts sessions will be held in the Anderson Education Center Classroom
Selected Fridays from 10-11am
Age: 2-5 (parent and child class)
$8 for the first child, $5 for each additional sibling in the same family.
Adults free with membership or Garden admission.
Pre-registration is encouraged. You can save the time of having to stop and pay on your way in! You can register online or over the phone at 256-830-4447 Ext 253.
Remember to take advantage of our Frequent “Sprouters” Program and earn a free class for every three paid classes that you attend. Pick up your card at the next class.
Contact Misty Hertzig if you have questions at email@example.com.
Saturday, October 28
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Purchase Tickets Here
Mark your calendars for the favorite fall event, Bootanica! This fun filled spooktacular day is appropriate for all ages. Put on frightening costumes and come on out to the Garden for a goulish good time. Visit the BOO-terfly House for Trick or Treating. Crafts for the kids and a Parade of Costumes at 11 AM.
Enjoy Hay Rides through the Scarecrow Trail to visit the Sorghum Maze. The festivities include face painting and pumpkins for the kids. Steve the DJ will add to the festivities.
Members $5 & Non-Members $5 plus Garden Admission.
For further questions call Tamara Huron at 256-830-4447 Ext 241
Registration & Cancellation:
- Participants must be pre-registered for all programs. There will be no registration the day of programs due to supply and class size limitations.
- Registration and payment for classes may be made online or by calling the Education Department at 256-830-4447 Ext 252 or 253.
- Refunds will be given as a credit to participants who do not attend their scheduled program if the garden is given a 48-hour advance notice.
- HBG reserves the right to cancel any program if a minimum number of participants are not registered. If this happens, another class option or 100% refund of registration fees will be offered.
- All classes meet in the education classrooms and will include inside and outside experiences.