The Huntsville Botanical Garden is a growing non-profit organization located in Alabama. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. The Garden does not discriminate in employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Current Positions Available:
Job Postings as of: 6.14.17
Facility Rental Sales Coordinator Department: Facility Rental
- Employment Type: Full Time, Non-exempt (hourly position)
- Benefits: Available
- Start Date: Immediate
- Schedule: 36 – 40 hours per week based on seasonal needs; Periodic evening and weekend availability required to support after-hours and weekend appointments. Recurring Saturday office hours anticipated.
- General Summary: Reporting to the Facility Rental Manager, responsible for generating sales for rental of Garden venues to host a wide variety of both private and corporate events such as weddings, receptions, business meetings, parties, luncheons, and more. Performs full cycle of sales activities including but not limited to timely response to inquiries, prospect appointments, contract completion, booked client support, communication of event requirements for effective staff execution of the event, and post-event follow-up. Responsible for driving client/guest loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each client/guest experience. Effectively utilizes constituent database and other tools for event scheduling and management. Actively contributes to marketing and prospecting methodologies to insure achievement of rental sales revenue budgets. As a valued member of the Facility Rental team, works closely with other Garden staff and volunteers. Represents the Garden in a professional manner at all times supporting the overall standards and objectives of our organization.
- Duties Include: Proactive solicitation of rental sales opportunities for indoor and outdoor Garden venues; Works closely with potential clients to match their needs to the appropriate venue and services; Communicates in a timely professional manner with prospects and clients to provide support and manage expectations; Provides a high level of professional customer service, working with all clients to support management of events to be hosted at the Garden to include but not limited to point of inquiry, quoting rates, contract development, detailing of needs, audio visual requirements, communication of group requirements to host staff, billing activities and follow-up; Directly responsible for fully documenting the details of the client’s event and effectively communicating those requirements to the appropriate staff and service providers; Achieves personal and team related revenue goals while also insuring a standard of excellence in service and execution; Identifies ways to maximize revenue opportunities through package sales and other support services; Assists in maintaining departmental understanding of the current marketplace for rental venues and pricing; Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new clients to enable future bookings; Develops relationships within the community and associated service providers to strengthen and expand the customer base for rental sales opportunities.
- Experience: Minimum of 2-years in client services sales, with strong preference for event-related sales in the hospitality, catering, attraction, or food & beverage industries. Background must demonstrate success in the full cycle of sales activities, client relationship development, utilization of professional communication tools, and achievement of revenue-generation action plans with measurable results.
- Skills: Demonstrated excellence in sales, customer service, negotiation, time management, problem solving and resourcefulness. Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and utilization of a database program. Must be self-motivated and results driven. Detail-oriented with emphasis on highly skilled verbal and written communications, maintaining well documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date records.
- Education: Minimum of High school diploma or equivalent with at least some college or professional training preferred.
- Performance Requirements: Demonstrated commitment to adherence to garden standards, policies and procedures; Significant emphasis on reliability, teamwork and effective communication.
Development Officer Department: Advancement
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Benefits: Available
- Start Date: August, 2017
- Schedule: Primary schedule of standard business hours with periodic evening and weekend availability required to attend community events and support events and activities hosted by the Garden.
- General Summary: Supports the ongoing development and execution of the strategic fundraising plans supporting the mission of the Huntsville Botanical Garden. Implements and manages multiple donor development initiatives including corporate and individual sponsorships, development event planning and execution, and ongoing donor relationship communications and activities. Works closely with other members of the Advancement team, the CEO & President, and members of the Garden’s Board of Directors. Works with a high degree of independence, keeping management informed of changes in philanthropic climate, including the goals and interests of corporate and individual donors.
- Duties Include: Development and execution of solicitation strategies for Operating Budget fundraising programs to include corporate sponsorships, individual donations, and other revenue generating events and activities to meet and exceed the Advancement departmental budget; Maintains processes to provide ongoing documentation of donor development activity; Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of current and prospective donors; Document all sponsorships and pledges to insure mutual fulfillment of commitments; Support and coordinate Advancement Event activities by working with volunteer committees; Develop and cultivate relationships with community leaders, associated organizations and members of the various Garden Boards of Directors to provide support for the promotion and expansion of the Garden.
- Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent related experience) with 3-5 years of professional fundraising or consultative sales experience. Prior direct or in-direct (Board participation) in a non-profit environment participating in fundraising programs such as annual giving, capital campaigns, special projects, grants, planned giving, fundraising events or endowments is strongly preferred. Strong computer skills with prior experience utilizing the Microsoft Officer Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Pointe. Prior experience with CRM’s is highly desirable.
- Skills: Has the ability, desire, and confidence to interact effectively with varied constituencies, including cold-calling prospects. Demonstrated ability in successfully establishing and building relationships resulting in closing sales or gifts. Self-motivated team player who demonstrates leadership and initiative. Demonstrated ability in successfully establishing and building relationships and closing sales or gifts. High degree of professionalism required. Dedication, flexibility to work nights and weekends as needed and attention to detail are essential. Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds and work in an outdoor environment.
- Performance Requirements: Demonstrated commitment to adherence to garden standards, policies and procedures; significant emphasis on reliability, teamwork and effective communication.
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume as follows:
Fax: (256) 830-5314
Mail: Huntsville Botanical Garden,
4747 Bob Wallace Ave.,
Huntsville, AL 35805
OR Complete Employment Application (available at Guest Center Front Desk).
***All applications submitted must indicate the name of position for which you are applying as well as your recent salary history and requirements. ***