We can’t wait to take you and your students on an adventure like no other!
Huntsville Botanical Garden is the place to be to make science come alive for your students. By providing learning experiences that are an extension of your classroom and in-line with National and Alabama Science Standards, your students will discover the amazing world around them in our action-packed field adventures.
We cant wait to take you and your students on an adventure like no other! Dates book quickly, so contact Misty Hertzig; firstname.lastname@example.org 256-830-4447 Ext 253 to make your reservation today!
Field Trip Fees:
$6.00 per student, with the exception of Garden members. HBG Garden members will be asked to show their Garden membership card for free admission.
– Docent Guided; $7.00 per student
– Instructor Led; $8.00 per student
– All teachers, bus drivers and school support staff traveling with the students, such as a school nurse or administrator will receive free admission.
– All parent chaperones will be charged a Garden admission of $13, with the exception of Garden members. HBG Garden members will be asked to show their Garden membership card for free admission.
- Wear comfortable shoes – open toed shoes are not recommended.
- You may be walking one mile or more.
- Please leave the Garden as you found it or better.
- Think of the Nature Center as a museum, please look with your eyes, not your hands.
- The animals are not pets, they do not like to be picked up.
- Sorry, siblings are not allowed on guided field trips.
Guided Field Trip Program Options:
All of the Huntsville Botanical Garden educational programs are in line with National and State Science Standards. Groups are welcome to stay after their program is completed and tour the Garden on their own. Please inform us when you make your reservation if you wish to stay longer. Fees are per student. Please note that group rates are for 10 or more. All programs require advanced registration.
Get the answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions about Group Programs!
Offered September – December
$8.00 per student
Discover the beauty of Fall as a guide takes you through an autumn adventure. Your students will investigate why leaves don’t absorb water. They’ll discover why leaves change color and find out how herbs spice the foods we eat. Each student will make a colorful leaf rubbing to take home.
AL Science Standards: K.6.3, 1.4.2, 1.4.3, 1.8.4, 2.5.1, 2.5.2, photosynthesis
$7.00 per student
Exploding seedpods, rolling gumballs and whirly-twirly helicopters! Bet your students didn’t realize that engineering started with Mother Nature. Sign your class up to discover the physics behind seeds and nuts; they’ll have a blast!
AL Science Standards: K.6, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4.2, 2.4, 3.7.1, 3.7.3
Two-Hour program through first week in October
$8.00 per student
Spring dates available!
From egg to caterpillar, through chrysalis and finally to butterfly, we’ll show your students amazing butterfly transformations as well as discuss the migration of the Monarch! We’ll explore a pond habitat by trying to catch fish and tadpoles at our aquatic garden* and discover the beauty of the natural world while walking down our Nature Trail.
AL Science Standards: K.6, 1.4.1, 1.4.2, 2.6.2, 3.7.1, 4.5.1, 4.5.2
$8.00 per student
Trees are what it’s all about in this program that gets your students investigating these important resources. We’ll teach your children how to classify different trees, explain the different parts of a tree and how they all work together, the interdependence of trees and animals, and look for the different ways that trees can be damaged.
AL. Science Standards: 2.5, 3.3, 3.7.1, 3.7.3, 3.7.4, 3.7.5, 3.7.7, 4.5
All ages, minimum 10 children
Bring your group for a self-guided walk-through of the Garden. Take your time and explore the Nature Trail, Children’s Garden, Nature Center (in season), wherever you wish to wander.
Self-Guided $6.00 per student
Docent Guided $7.00 per student
- Groups are welcome to stay after their program is completed and tour the garden on their own. Please inform us when you make your reservation if you wish to stay longer.
- Groups must have a minimum of 10 children.
- Areas available for picnic lunch upon request.
- Contact the Education Department if you have questions:
Soozi Pline: email@example.com 256-830-4447 Ext 252
Misty Hertzig: firstname.lastname@example.org 256-830-4447 Ext 253