Garden HoursApril through September
||9:00 am – 6:00 pm
||9:00 am – dusk
||12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
October through March
||9:00 am – 5:00 pm
||12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Hours subject to change.
Please note that the Nature Center/Butterfly House is open May through September.
* Galaxy of Lights will be open each night as usual those dates.
- Thanksgiving Day (Garden closed) *
- Christmas Eve (Garden closes at 2 pm) *
- Christmas Day (Garden closed) *
- New Year’s Eve (Garden closes at 2 pm) *
- New Year's day (Garden closed)
Garden of Eat’n will be closed December 24-January 1.
Wheelchairs and strollers are available through the Visitor Center. For visitors with limited mobility, a shuttle is usually available April through October. For reservations, call
256-830-4447 ext. 221.
For Your Safety and Pleasure
- Allow at least an hour to enjoy the Garden.
- You are welcome to walk on the grass but please do not climb garden structures or trees.
- Public restrooms are located in the Linda J. Smith Visitor Center, Nichols Arbor, Anderson Education Center and at the south end of the Mathews Nature Trail.
- Vending machines are located on the Mark and Linda Smith patio (behind the Linda J. Smith Visitor Center), at the south end of the Mathews Nature Trail and the Anderson Education Center.
- Ponds are for reflection only.
- Please refrain from smoking.
- Pets (except during designated times), jogging, skating and bicycles are not permitted.
- In the event of threatening weather, Garden staff will direct you to shelter.
- Our flowers are happy here, please don’t take them home.
- Trash cans and recycle bins are located throughout the Garden. Please recycle when possible.