Things you could or should be doing in your garden ...
- Prune hollies for indoor holiday decorations; deciduous winterberry hollies are exceptional for this.
- Water house plants with room temperature water
- Keep live Christmas trees outside as long as possible; only keep in the house for one week. Spray tree with anti-transpirant prior to bringing inside
- Sharpen and oil tools and pruners
- Keep bird feeders full; be sure to provide water
- Recycle your cut Christmas tree at the Leaf Mulch Pile
- Begin planning your seed orders
- Review your landscape to consider where you need to improve the ‘bones’ or evergreen structure of your garden