The Huntsville Botanical Garden is a growing non-profit garden located in Alabama. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. The Garden does not discriminate in employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Postings as of: 01.22.16
Equipment Coordinator Dept: Building & Grounds
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Benefits: Available
- Start Date: Immediate
- Schedule: Generally 7:30 - 3:30 or 9:00 - 5:30; Subject to change based upon operating hours and needs of the organization; Weekend and some evening availability required.
- Duties Include: Perform routine maintenance or needed repairs on Garden tools, equipment, and buildings. Maintain inventory of current equipment, including repair/maintenance records. Coordinate third-party repair services. Maintain upkeep of maintenance shops to insure safe, organized working and storage areas. Works in cooperation with Buildings & Grounds and all other staff members to support the needs of our visitors and volunteers. Other tasks may include, but are not limited to, lawn care such as mowing or application of chemicals; building maintenance projects such as painting, structural repairs, plumbing or other related tasks.
- Experience: 2-4 years of experience with auto mechanics and small engine repair; Additional experience with electrical, plumbing, or other building maintenance tasks highly desired. Must possess a valid (Class C) Alabama's driver's license, and a driving record that meets the requirements of the Garden's insurance provider.
- Skills: Demonstrates good time-management, safety practices, problem solving and dependability.
- Education: High school diploma or GED; or equivalent of 2-4 years of applicable training or experience in a workplace environment.
- Performance Requirements: Demonstrated commitment to adherence to garden standards, policies and procedures; Significant emphasis on reliability, teamwork, communication and responsiveness to Garden guests and volunteers.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to work in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions for extended periods. Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 75 pounds unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment, common in the construction trades.
Maintenance Assistant Dept: Building & Grounds
- Employment Type: Temporary/Seasonal (up to 32 hours per week)
- Benefits: Not available
- Start Date: February 15, 2016
- Schedule: Varies - flexibility in shift hours needed; Evening and Weekend availability required.
- Duties Include: Mowing, weed and pest control, irrigation and general facility. Performs event set-up procedures as needed. Performs light maintenance and repair functions. Some understanding of electronics/AV equipment desired
- Experience: Equipment and basic irrigation system maintenance; Turf Care Certificate or equivalent preferred but not required
- Skills: Ability to work outside for extended periods in all types of weather conditions; lift a minimum of 50 - 75 pounds
- Education/Other Requirements: High school diploma or GED; Must possess a valid (Class C) AL Driver's License and a driving record meeting the requirements of the Garden's insurance provider
To Apply please submit your cover letter and resume as follows:
Fax: (256) 830-5314
Mail: Huntsville Botanical Garden,
4747 Bob Wallace Ave.,
Huntsville, AL 35805
OR Complete Employment Application (available at Visitor’s Center desk).
***All applications submitted must indicate the name of position for which you are applying as well as your salary history and requirements. ***