March Homeschool Classes have been postponed. Please check back for updated information and rescheduled dates.
Bi-monthly Environmental Education and Nature Studies in the Garden
Each program uses the Garden’s 112 acres of developed and natural areas as a teaching classroom while connecting to STEM and Common Core Standards.
Click on the age group/date to register
There are many tales about tricksters from different cultures and plants can be tricky in the methods they use to survive. Students will get to know a few of these characters and even see evidence of their work in action.
Rocks and Soils
Plants need healthy soil to grow well. Students will learn about the bacteria that make it possible for rocks to break down into soil that supports plant life. They’ll even have an opportunity to dig in and compare different types of soil in the Garden.
Registration & Cancellation:
- Participants must be pre-registered for all programs. There will be no registration the day of programs due to supply and class size limitations.
- Registration and payment for classes may be made online or by calling the Education Department.
- Refunds will be given as a credit to participants who do not attend their scheduled program if the garden is given 48-hour advance notice.
- HBG reserves the right to cancel any program if a minimum number of participants are not registered. If this happens, another class option or 100% refund of registration fees will be offered.
- Contact the Education Department if you have questions:
Misty Hertzig: firstname.lastname@example.org 256-830-4447 Ext 253
All classes meet in the education classrooms and will include inside and outside experiences.
All Education Programs are presented by: