Guidelines and Information
Events at the Huntsville Botanical Garden change daily. We recommend that couples call in advance to see if a large event or tour is booked for the interested date and time for a walk-in wedding. As a public facility, the Garden cannot predict visitation levels. A private space cannot be guaranteed during public hours for a walk-in wedding.
- Everyone in the walk-in wedding party must arrive dressed and ready. No dressing rooms will be made available to couples or their guests. Public restrooms may not be used as a changing area.
- The maximum number of guests for a walk-in wedding is 20 people. This includes the officiant, photographers, wedding party, and guests attending the wedding.
- Ceremony time is limited to 15 minutes.
- No chairs are permitted for walk-in weddings. Standing room only.
- No music can be played and no microphones can be used for walk-in weddings.
- Walk-in weddings may not bring in or put up any décor, including the dropping of flower petals.
- No standing in the garden beds or main pathways during a walk-in wedding. Walk-in weddings may not block or stop the flow of Garden pedestrian traffic.
- No plants, benches, planters, or other Garden property may be moved, removed, or changed in any way.
- Walk-in weddings may not ask other guests to the Garden to vacate a location for the wedding ceremony. All areas are open to the public during business hours.
- The Huntsville Botanical Garden cannot guarantee the look of the outdoor planting areas. All displays/themes are designed by staff 12-15 months in advance. The landscape and flower/plants design cannot be changed, moved, or adjusted to fit a rental client’s colors or designs. Many circumstances are beyond our control, such as weather and disease. Every effort is made to maintain a high-quality Garden experience.
- Water features at the Garden, including the Aquatic Garden, cannot be turned off for a walk-in wedding. There is no guarantee that water features will be running at the time of your event due to maintenance or any unplanned incidence.