Act II Group | Painting
August 16, 2021 – October 10, 2021
The Act II Painting Group is a group of artists who are bound together by the active participation of a vibrant art community. The group paints together at least weekly and enjoys working toward improving their painting abilities. The group includes Geralee Bayless, Anne Burke, Robin Monroe, Jennifer Mumby, Lakshmi Nallamala, Laurie Noojin, Kathryn Price, Lee Anne Smith, and Laura Vann. As a group or as individuals, they have actively participated in the following art events, which support nonprofits across North Alabama:
- Carnegie Art Center – Embracing Art (2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021) – Suzanne Matthews, Geraless Bayless, Kathryn Price, Laura Vann, Lakshmi Nallamala, Anne Burke
- Historic Huntsville Foundation – Rooted in History (2021) – Sue Hensley, Robin Monroe, Kathryn Price
- Lincoln School Art Show (2021) – Robin Monroe, Laura Vann, Kathryn Price, Jennifer Mumby, Laurie Noojin, and Geralee Bayless
- Monte Sano Arts Festival (2020) – Kathryn Price
- Liz Hurley Ribbon Run Featured Artists – Kathryn Price (2016), Lee Anne Smith (2017), and Lakshmi Nallamala (2021)
- Huntsville Museum of Art Gala – Kathryn Price, Sue Hensley, Lee Anne Smith, and Suzanne Matthews
- Huntsville Museum of Art – Women’s Guild Derby Party Featured Artist – Kathryn Price (2021)
- Huntsville Symphony Guild – Painted Violin Society – Laura Vann, Kathryn Price
- New Hope Children’s Clinic – Geralee Bayless (2019-2021)
- Town of Mooresville Featured Artists – Sue Hensley, Kathryn Price
A Meet and Greet with the artists will be held on Sunday, August 22, 2021, at 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Herb Lewis | Photography
Carriage House Gallery
Herb Lewis, a retired engineer, has a passion for gardening and birding and a joy for sharing his knowledge and experiences. Herb shares his success and techniques for attracting birds through presentations, workshops, and training events. His birding interest has expanded into the establishment of the Lewis Birding Trail at the Huntsville Botanical Garden. The photos on display were taken at the Garden.
Wade Wharton | Sculpture
Throughout the Garden
The Wade Wharton Sculpture Trail was installed in the Garden in 2012 and is comprised of works made from recycled materials. Wharton was a member of the Huntsville Art League and the Arts Council, Inc. He was also a founding member of the Huntsville Fern Society.
Are you an artist?
We welcome proposals for high quality art exhibitions to be displayed in our Guest Center. Please keep in mind that the art must be botanical in theme.
Space is available in our Heritage Hallway for a solo art exhibit. Exhibitions must include a minimum of 20 pieces and all artwork must be available for purchase.
If you would like to be considered for a show, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- 3 digital images (.jpg no larger than 1000 pixels on the widest size)
- List of titles, medium, and prices
- A resume and website link
- An artist’s statement
We will contact you to discuss possible dates and procedures for your exhibition. Most of our shows stay up for at least 60 days. All works must stay up until the final day of the exhibition. Artists are responsible for the removal of all pieces.
Please send all inquiries to email@example.com.