Last admission is always taken 30 minutes prior to closing.
April – September
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
October – March
- Monday – Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Hours subject to change. Please note that the Purdy Butterfly House is open May through September.
- Members: Free
- Children 2 and Under: Free
- Children 3-18: $9
- Adults: $14
- Military Personnel: $12
Military discount is presented by Boeing
- Student: $12
- Seniors (55+): $12
- November-February: admission rates are discounted $2.00
- Don’t forget to bring a wagon or stroller for the little ones!
Special Admission Rates
Discounted admission is available for those who qualify through Museums for All. Individuals and families receiving food assistance (SNAP benefits) will receive a reduced regular* admission rate of $3 each for up to four people by presenting their EBT card and a photo ID.
*Reduced admission does not apply to special events and exhibits.
Mother’s Day (May 10, 2020) – Moms receive free daytime Garden admission
Armed Forces Day (May 16, 2020) – Active and retired military personnel and immediate family receive free daytime admission, military ID required
Memorial Day (May 25, 2020) – Active and retired military personnel and immediate family receive free daytime admission, military ID required
Father’s Day (June 21, 2020) – Dads receive free daytime Garden admission
Armed Forces Week (TBD 2020) – Active and retired military personnel and immediate family receive free daytime admission, military ID required
Veterans Day (November 11, 2020) – Active and retired military personnel and immediate family receive free daytime admission, military ID required
Sales tax will be added to all admission fees.
Admission fees may be changed without notice.
- Thanksgiving Day: Garden & Galaxy Closed
- Christmas Eve: Garden closes at 2:00 pm, Galaxy Open
- Christmas Day: Garden Closed, Galaxy Open
- New Year’s Eve: Garden closes at 2:00 pm, Galaxy Open
- New Year’s Day: Garden Closed, Galaxy Open
Wheelchairs are available through the Guest Center. The Garden does have a limited number of these, and they are on a first come first serve basis.
For visitors with limited mobility, a shuttle is usually available April through October. For shuttle reservations, call 256-830-4447 ext. 266 or 267.
For Your Safety and Pleasure
- Allow at least one hour to enjoy the Garden.
- You are welcome to walk on the grass, but please do not climb Garden
structures or trees.
- Public restrooms are located in the Eloise McDonald Propst Guest Center, Anderson Education Center, and at the south end of the Mathews Nature Trail.
- Vending machines are located at the south end of the Mathews Nature Trail and in the Anderson Education Center.
- Service Animal Policy
- Ponds are for reflection only.
- We are a smoke-free Garden.
- Pets (except during designated times), jogging, skating, and bicycles are not permitted.
- In the event of threatening weather, Garden staff will direct you to
- Our flowers are happy here. Please don’t take them home.
- Trash cans and recycle bins are located throughout the Garden. Please recycle when possible.