October through March
- Monday-Saturday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Sunday: 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
April through September
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00 am – dusk
- Friday & Saturday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Hours subject to change.
Please note that the Nature Center/Butterfly House is open May through
- Members: Free
- Children 2 and Under: Free
- Children 3-18: $8
- Adults: $12
- Military Personnel: $10
- Student: $10
- Seniors (55+): $10
- November-February: admission rates are discounted $2.00
Mother’s Day (May 8) – Moms receive free Garden admission
Memorial Day (May 30) – Military personnel receive free admission with ID
Father’s Day (June 19) – Dads receive free Garden admission
Military Week (June 25-July 3) – Military personnel and immediate family receive free admission, military ID required
Veterans’ Day (November 11) – Military personnel receive free admission with ID
November-February: admission rates are discounted $2.00
Sales tax will be added to all admission fees.
Admission fees may be changed without notice.
- Thanksgiving Day: Garden Closed*
- Christmas Eve: Garden Closes at 2:00 pm*
- Christmas Day: Garden Closed*
- New Year’s Eve: Garden Closes at 2:00 pm*
- New Year’s day: Garden Closed
*Galaxy of Lights will be open each night as usual those dates.
Wheelchairs are available through the Visitor Center. The Garden does have a limited number
of these and they are on a first come first serve basis.
For visitors with limited mobility, a shuttle is usually available April through October. For
shuttle reservations, call 256-830-4447 ext. 221.
For Your Safety and Pleasure
- Allow at least an hour to enjoy the Garden.
- You are welcome to walk on the grass but please do not climb garden
structures or trees.
- Public restrooms are located in the Linda J. Smith Visitor Center, Anderson Education Center, and at the south end of the Mathews Nature Trail.
- Vending machines are located on the Mark and Linda Smith patio (behind the
Linda J. Smith Visitor Center), at the south end of the Mathews Nature Trail and
the Anderson Education Center.
- Ponds are for reflection only.
- Please refrain from smoking.
- Pets (except during designated times), jogging, skating, and bicycles are not
- In the event of threatening weather, Garden staff will direct you to
- Our flowers are happy here. Please don’t take them home.
- Trash cans and recycle bins are located throughout the Garden. Please recycle