October through March
- Monday-Saturday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Sunday: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
April through September
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00 am – dusk
- Friday & Saturday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
Hours subject to change.
Please note that the Nature Center/Butterfly House is open May through
- Members: Free
- Children 2 and Under: Free
- Children 3-18: $9
- Adults: $14
- Military Personnel: $12
- Student: $12
- Seniors (55+): $12
- November-February: admission rates are discounted $2.00
Mother’s Day (May 14, 2017) – Moms receive free Garden admission
Memorial Day (May 29, 2017) – Military personnel and immediate family receive free admission, military ID required
Father’s Day (June 18, 2017) – Dads receive free Garden admission
Military Week (June 24 – July 4, for the Garden) – Military personnel and immediate family receive free admission, military ID required
Veterans Day (November 11, 2017) – Military personnel and immediate family receive free admission, military ID required
November-February: admission rates are discounted $2.00
Sales tax will be added to all admission fees.
Admission fees may be changed without notice.
- Thanksgiving Day: Garden & Galaxy Closed (NEW this year!)
- Christmas Eve: Garden Closed, Galaxy Open
- Christmas Day: Garden Closed, Galaxy Open
- New Year’s Eve: Garden Closed, Galaxy Open
- New Year’s Day: Garden Closed & Galaxy Closed
Wheelchairs are available through the Guest Center. The Garden does have a limited number
of these, and they are on a first come first serve basis.
For visitors with limited mobility, a shuttle is usually available April through October. For
shuttle reservations, call 256-830-4447 ext. 266 or 267.
For Your Safety and Pleasure
- Allow at least an hour to enjoy the Garden.
- You are welcome to walk on the grass, but please do not climb garden
structures or trees.
- Public restrooms are located in the Eloise McDonald Propst Guest Center, Anderson Education Center, and at the south end of the Mathews Nature Trail.
- Vending machines are located at the south end of the Mathews Nature Trail and
the Anderson Education Center.
- Service Animal Policy
- Ponds are for reflection only.
- We are a smoke-free Garden.
- Pets (except during designated times), jogging, skating, and bicycles are not
- In the event of threatening weather, Garden staff will direct you to
- Our flowers are happy here. Please don’t take them home.
- Trash cans and recycle bins are located throughout the Garden. Please recycle