Plan Your Visit
There is always something going on at the Garden! Whether you are planning a visit to admire the beautiful grounds, attending a class, or joining us for an event, you are sure to find something to delight and inspire you.
Huntsville Botanical Garden is a living museum containing diverse ecosystems and carefully curated collections. Please help us care for our unique collections and maintain a safe and beautiful environment by abiding by posted signage, staff or volunteer guides, and the Garden Safety and Etiquette protocols listed below.
Garden Etiquette and Safety
- Allow at least one hour to enjoy the Garden.
- Our flowers are happy here. Please do not take them home.
- Respect the wildlife in the Garden. For your safety and theirs, do not touch or feed wildlife.
- You are welcome to walk on the grass, but please do not climb Garden structures or trees.
- Shirt and shoes are required in all buildings. Shoes should be worn at all times for safety.
- Place litter in the trash cans provided throughout the Garden.
- Lakes and ponds are for reflection only.
- In the event of inclement weather, seek shelter in a covered area.
- In the event of a tornado seek shelter in the Guest Center.
- Public restrooms are located in the Guest Center and the Butterfly House, as well as at the south end of the Mathews Nature Trail.
- Dogs are welcome during designated days only.
- Sporting and recreational activities, such as jogging, skating, and riding bicycles or scooters, are not permitted.
- Prior approval is required for drone usage.
- The Garden is a smoke-free environment.
- Outside alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Firearms are not permitted in the Garden.
- Open flames, sparklers, and fireworks are not permitted.
Access to the Garden
Admission or membership is required to enter the Garden. All general admission visitors and members should enter the Garden through the Propst Guest Center. Certain events may require ticketing charges in addition to admission. Visitors attending private events may proceed directly to the designated event location but may find it helpful to visit the Guest Center for additional directions. Trespassing, entering the Garden through any other points around the property, or remaining in the Garden outside operational hours or without express authorization by Garden staff, is prohibited.
Private Event Guests
Guests visiting the Garden for private events are expected to abide by the Garden Safety and Etiquette Policy listed above. Garden staff will assist visitors with any questions or in emergency situations.
Report of Injury or Damage
Anyone injured on Garden property, or having knowledge of damage to Garden property, should report the occurrence(s) to Garden staff immediately.
See Something, Say Something: To report an emergency or suspicious item or activity, immediately inform the Admissions Desk or the nearest staff member. Visitors can dial 911 from anywhere in the Garden but are asked to also alert the Admissions Desk so that we can assist and direct authorities as needed.
Visit the Garden from anywhere in the world with a virtual tour!
We’re committed to continuing to share the beauty and science of plants with you virtually.