September 9 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Nature journaling is an excellent way to connect with the outdoors. You can record observations of birds you hear, document plants or insects you see, draw nature inspirations, or collect data such as weather patterns. Many famous scientists first recorded observations in a nature journal which later led to important discoveries. Each attendee will create a nature journal in the program followed by a guided observation walk. Come spend some time as a family!
Gardening with Kids: Creating Garden Stepping Stones class
November 4 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Winter is the perfect time to create beautiful art for your garden! This class will look at patterns in nature to inspire your creation. Join the Garden staff to create a concrete stepping stone to dress up your garden space.
Seeds to Sprouts
With new and improved classes for ages 2-5, Seeds to Sprouts is an opportunity for children to discover the wonder of nature and science at a young age. Through stories, guided exploration, and STEM activities in the Garden, Seeds to Sprouts allows your little one to develop an appreciation of the natural world that will grow with them for years to come.
Nature Academy provides hands-on science classes at the Garden to enrich STEM learning for students in grades K-8. Registration is open to all homeschool, public school, and private school students in the area.
Youth Volunteer Program
The Youth Volunteer Program engages teenagers in hands-on outdoor work at the Garden during the summertime. Under the mentorship of STEM professionals, participants gain real-world experience in horticulture, environmental education, and plant conservation.
Registration & Cancellation
- Participants must be pre-registered for all programs. Due to supply and class size limitations, there will be no registration on the day of programs.
- Registration and payment for classes may be made online or by calling 256-830-4447 ext. 253.
- Refunds will be given as a credit to participants who do not attend their scheduled class if notice of cancellation is given at least 48 hours in advance.
- The Garden reserves the right to cancel any class if a minimum number of participants are not registered. If this happens, either another class option or a 100% refund of registration fees will be offered.
- Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-830-4447 ext. 253.