Nature Academy provides hands-on science classes at the Garden to enrich STEM learning for students in grades K-8. Spring season registration is now open!
Youth Volunteer Program
The Youth Volunteer Program engages teenagers in hands-on outdoor work at the Garden during the summertime. Under the mentorship of STEM professionals, participants gain real-world experience in horticulture, environmental education, and plant conservation. Applications for Summer 2021 are due by March 22, 2021!
Seeds to Sprouts (Coming Spring 2021)
Enjoy exciting stories for the season, crafts, learning activities, and walks (weather permitting) in the Garden with your little Sprout! Each class offers a different adventure to get your little one experiencing nature and all it has to offer.
Location: All Seeds to Sprouts sessions will be held in the Anderson Education Center Classroom
Age: 2-5 (parent and child class)
$8 for the first child, $5 for each additional sibling in the same family.
Adults free with membership or Garden admission.
Pre-registration is encouraged. You can save the time of having to stop and pay on your way in! You can register online or over the phone at 256-830-4447 ext. 253.
Remember to take advantage of our Frequent “Sprouters” Program and earn a free class for every three paid classes that you attend. Pick up your card at the next class.
Contact Misty Hertzig if you have questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration & Cancellation
- Participants must be pre-registered for all programs. Due to supply and class size limitations, there will be no registration on the day of programs.
- Registration and payment for classes may be made online or by calling 256-830-4447 ext. 253.
- Refunds will be given as a credit to participants who do not attend their scheduled class if notice of cancellation is given at least 48 hours in advance.
- The Garden reserves the right to cancel any class if a minimum number of participants are not registered. If this happens, either another class option or a 100% refund of registration fees will be offered.
- Questions? Please contact email@example.com or 256-830-4447 ext. 253.
All classes meet in the education classrooms and will include inside and outside experiences.